Elizabeth Chadwick lives in Nottingham with her husband and two sons. Much of her research is carried out as a member of Regia Anglorum, an early medieval re-enactment society with the emphasis on accurately recreating the past. She also tutors in the skill of writing historical and romantic fiction.
Elizabeth won a Betty Trask Award for THE WILD HUNT, her first novel, and was shortlisted for the Romantic Novelists' Award in 1998 for THE CHAMPION, in 2001 for LORDS OF THE WHITE CASTLE, in 2002 for THE WINTER MANTLE and in 2003 for THE FALCONS OF MONTABARD. THE SCARLET LION was selected by Historical Novel Society founder Richard Lee as one of his 'Ten Landmark Historical Novels of the Last Decade'.
TO DEFY A KING won the Romantic Novelists' Historical Novel of the Year 2011.
Her novels are sold in 18 languages worldwide.
Praise for Elizabeth Chadwick:
'The best writer of medieval fiction currently around.' -- Historical Novel Review
'An author who makes history come gloriously alive.' -- The Times
'This is historical fiction at its best.' -- The Bookseller
- Eleanor of Aquitaine trilogy sold in US
- A PLACE BEYOND COURAGE nominated in 2012 Romantic Times Awards
- A PLACE BEYOND COURAGE receives starred review in Publisher’s Weekly
- Elizabeth Chadwick is No. 2 in a survey of best loved historical fiction writers
- TO DEFY A KING is number 4 in the Top 10 Heatseeker’s chart.
- Re-enactment society, Regia Anglorum, celebrates 25th anniversary
- LADY OF THE ENGLISH is No 27 in the hardback bestseller lists in her first week on sale!
- Sphere signs Elizabeth Chadwick for an Eleanor of Aquitaine trilogy
- TO DEFY A KING wins the RNA Historical Novel Prize!
- TO DEFY A KING on two shortlists for the RNA’s Pure Passion Awards today
- THE GREATEST KNIGHT no 1 on Barnes & Noble’s ‘Nook’ ebook downloads
- Elizabeth Chadwick on Romantic Novel of the Year Award longlist!
- TO DEFY A KING no 28 in the Sunday Times bestseller charts!
- THE SCARLET LION available on iBookstore!